Saturday, September 10, 2011

Wilkey Wedding

My sister got married in late August in Couer D'Alene Idaho. We had just driven 12 hours (one way) with the girls on summer vacation so the thought of travelling that far again (especially with Aubrey) seemed a daunting task. So we decided that I would fly with Aubs and Ky and Paul would road trip it up and we would all ride back home together. It worked out pretty well.

Aubrey LOVED the plane ride. She squeeled and laughed on take off and was an angel the whole flight. It was magical. We had a 2 hour layover in Boise and I was slightly concerned about what I would do with her in an aiport. But we managed. I took her to every store and did every activity possible. We played arcade games and went up and down the escalator a minimum of 25 times, ate at McDonalds, sat in the massage chair and it was actually pretty fun! It wore her out and she slept all the way to our destination.

My sister's wedding went really well. She was beautiful and the ceremony was very sweet. My girls were the most darling flower girls I have ever seen and we truly enjoyed seeing our family from Montana and Idaho.

I want to keep it real here, really I do, but I am hesitant to say too much at the expense of hurting my sister's feelings. So I am just going to say this: watching my sister get married was amazing. I was and am, so proud of her and the choice she made in a spouse. Jackson is this amazing man who will be a tremndous father. I am so happy I was there to expereince that part and watch her marry her sweetheart. But in the spirit of honestly and "realness'...the entire few days as a whole, was exteremly difficult for me. I can only recall one other time in my life where I have cried more. I felt out of place at a time where I should have felt wanted and needed. That part of things was sad, very sad. If I could go back, there are so so many things I would do differently.  Nealry a year later I can honestly say, I learned alot from this experience and so my regrets are only a few. I learned a lot about myself and my role in my family. More specifically, I came to the realization that I was sent to my family for a specific purpose and reason. A lesson I needed and don't know if I could have learned any other way.

Quickly following this expereince, I pulled away from my family and distanced myself from all of them for a brief moment. I took this chance to escape the responsibility of being strong for all of them. The Lord was prompt to help me understand that although my role in my family can be overwhelming at times, that He put me here because I am capable to do it. He placed me here because my family needed me and I needed them. I came to understand that He will give me strength if I would be willing to be that person. So following this I have made a conscience decusion to take up this yolk and keep moving and the Lord has given me insight, blessing and an increase of love.

This expereince has stregthened my testimony that we are sent to families with a purpose. We weren't all just thrown together. There was thought and planning behind the design and at the end of the day we truly need one another. I am grateful for my family and have a greater love and appreciation for each of them. And so for that, it's hard to have regret.

Congrats to you Mr & Mrs. Wilkey. I wish you a lifetime of happiness and laughter and I can't wait to see the beautiful children you will bring into this world (of which will make me the most favorite Aunt in the universe).

Ok so onto the pictures...


THE SHOWER 





THE FLOWER GIRLS 




THE BEAUTIFUL BRIDE



I <3 THIS ONE!



About Me

My photo
Paul and I have been married 10 years. We have two beautiful little girls, Kylee and Aubrey. We are blessed with a great family and amazing friends. Life is good!