Monday, August 30, 2010

Just Happy

Today was no particularly great day. No special surprises awaiting me around any corner really. Woke up, showered, got both girls ready for the day and was out the door. Worked 9 hours, home in time for SEPs, dinner, family night, family night treat, homework then bedtime routines. A typical day. Yet here I sit at the close of it and I can't help but feel an overwhelming peacful happiness.

I love to write quotes on a chalkboard I have hanging in my kitchen. If you pay attention you will notice these quotes are always something I am focusing on or struggling with, the latter mostly. Last week I wrote,
 "Happiness is a how not a what. A talent, not an object."
Lately, I have been trying to figure out how to transform my current circumstances into my personal version of happiness. At times this seems a daunting task as I find myself frequently looking for ways to improve, how can I stretch and mold to become my wants? How can I resist peeking over the fence to sigh and envy at how green the grass is there? It's a constant battle I have with myself.

Then today...a very typical day. I am left with happiness in my heart. Happiness with the simple. Happiness with the seemingly mundane and because of it, I feel blessed. Blessed that I am starting to see that what I have is wonderful. Who I am now is acceptable and the rest will figure itself out. It's all very empowering.

I also am suddenly very conscious of the fact that the Lord is aware of each of us individually; that He truly desires us all to be happy and will find those sweet moments in our lives to tell us so.

Be happy with you and how far you have come, regardless of the distance.

7 comments:

Kerri said...

I loved this post Misti! One of your best, and that's saying alot!

Misti said...

Ah shucks Kerri.

What a coincidence that I emailed you right before I posted this :).

Brie said...

Thanks for sharing Misti. I needed to read that today. Somehow you are always there when I'm needing a pick me up! :)

Christy said...

i cried.

this is something that brings me happiness :)

Emily said...

Something I can definitely work on all the time and something that Derek and many others I know seem to be so good at. Glad I have an in-house example of this each and every day. And happy that you're happy too! I really enjoyed this little tidbit from you!

Jennifer Rose said...

Love this post. Thanks!

Stacy Stoddard said...

thanks i needed that.

About Me

My photo
Paul and I have been married 10 years. We have two beautiful little girls, Kylee and Aubrey. We are blessed with a great family and amazing friends. Life is good!