Tuesday, August 3, 2010

31st Birthday

My 31st birthday was a great one. I celebrated with Paul and the girls on Monday since Paul had to work on my actual day. Paul made a yummy grilled dinner and made us all wear birthday hats-we looked awesome. Thenw e went to Shrek 3 and came home and ate my dairy queen ice cream cake-yummE! It was great fun. I appreciate all the thought Paul put into the decor and the dinner. You are a sweetheart babe.


My actual bday was even better-regardless of the fact no one at work even whispered "Happy Bday" to me. Tiffany invited me over for a fabulous dinner with Matt, the girls and Craig. Tiff made a yummy soup and had awesome desserts. Everything was color coordinated in true Tiff style-red and yellow my fav colors. We laughed and talked and it was the best I could have asked for. She even had a pinata! The kids loved it and I laughed so hard watching them take turns whacking it with a golf club.


Tiffany is amazing and I am so grateful to have her as a friend. She is talented, gorgeous, thoughtful, spritual and just all around fantastic. She did all this for me in the midst of  first trimester yuckiness. If that isn't true friendship then I don't know what is. Thanks again Tiff! I can't tell you how much that meant to me. You are the best!

The gifts...


Paul suprised me with this little mini ice cream maker. I haven't used it yet, but Paul did last night and loved it. I'm excited to give it a whirl.

Tiffany, in more of her awesomeness gave me several thoughtful gifts. First, a tennis lesson from her brother that I am capital "P" pumped for. I have no idea how to play, but I am way excited to learn.



I also received these mini flares that are just too cute. They even come with mini spoons. ADORABLE. Can't wait to have a little get together and use them. A perfect gift.

Lastly, (and most special) Tiff emailed a bunch of friends and family and compiled their words into a little cards she put into a box. Sweet little notes about me and to me from those closest to my heart. Even reading the kind and loving words I felt so inadequate. It meant a lot to me. Since then, I have read and re-read those notes and my heart is full. I have amazing friends. I am so blessed.

At 31 years I don't feel older, but I look back on this year and see abundance. Abundant blessings of health, good fortune and true friendship. It's been a great year!

4 comments:

Christy said...

I don't know Tiff - but i love her! i love her for doing things for you that i would do if i lived closer :) She must be amazing!!!

I love that pic of you and the girls - you look BEAUTIFUL!! And i can't wait to try that ice cream maker out for myself :) ha!

Misti said...

She is awesome and I am certain you would love her! :)

My maker is available to you anytime!

Tiffany Bills said...

Aaaw, thanks girl.
You know I love ya, thanks for being a true friend!

andreyandjami said...

Mist, happy bday and you truly are an amazing woman. I look to you as one of my own sisters. I admire your strength and beauty as a mother. I wish we could do more together but to be able to follow, read, and learn from your life helps me to be a better mother, wife, and woman. Thank you for your strength, honesty, and friendship.

About Me

My photo
Paul and I have been married 10 years. We have two beautiful little girls, Kylee and Aubrey. We are blessed with a great family and amazing friends. Life is good!