Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Stoddard Family Christmas Party!

We held our annual Stoddard Family Christmas Party on the 21st. It was one of the funnest parties I have been to in a really long time. And I am not just saying that because we hosted it! Ha ha

We included as many of the Stoddard Fam traditions as possible:

  • Lasagna -Check!
  • Sing/yell the 12 Days of Christmas song and hold up your assigned card -Check! 
  • Russ reads Luke 2 while Joan plays, "Far, Far Away on Judea's Plain"-Check!
  • White elephant exchange for the kids-Check!
We also played games and had a few performances. For the first game, I wrapped a huge box and put gifts in it and everyone had to guess how many were inside. There were only 2 (I think I am so funny)! Hot Chocolate and Cuties. My SIL Kerri was the winner and took home both gifts. The kids had some awesome guesses-175 and 302 were my favorites. Any guess is a good one!

We also played a wrapping paper game that was so funny. You pick a partner and you wrap a gift while holding hands. I loved it. I laughed so hard. Russ and Joan were amazing and finished wrapping their box is 2:16! PROOF-that 50 years of marriage does give you better communication skills. Keaton and Regina won best wrapped-way to go!

We had a blast with everyone. We were missing a few of the Stoddard clan, but they were there in spirit. I look forward to next year's party! Robert and Kerri I think it's your turn :)!

PERFORMANCES (in order of appearance):

Gable the ventriloquist


Blythe the pianist


Kylee with her best rendition of "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas" -complete with actions


Emma with The 12 Days of Christmas-awesome!


Gherig's acoustic


And last, but certainly not least Regina's vocal stylings of "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day"


GAMES!







12 Days of Christmas & Luke 2

I had to post this because I love Kerri's action here-she is totally into it!


Sweet Russ! I wish we would have recorded you-


We also had a bunch of cute little toddlers. Bo and Tyson were so busy we couldn't even get a picture of their blur. They were quite the pianists themselves :)!

Sophie, it must be hard to be so cute!


Just a Christmas bow gets our child excited


Also...guess what! This is my 200th post and to honor it I am going to give everyone who leaves a comment here a special surprise-delivered to your home sometime in the next month!

10 comments:

Cali said...

Those are dang good pictures for being indoors! They look great. Happy 200th!

Misti said...

You dork Christy you commented on the wrong post! Cuz your my BFF I pasted it here for you out the kindess of my heart! Please note I didn't say "Personal delivery". The mailman is a good friend of mine :)!

Christy said...
I am posting not for the gift(okay, 49% for the gift) but 51% for you to come and deliver it to my house :)

I LOVE the pictures- it looks like so much fun! Maybe you could plan our christmas party for next year! Or - maybe i will just put you in charge of one of the girls weekends :)

Emily said...

Are you serious? You're really going to deliver a surprise to me all the way in the Alaska?! Or maybe it wasn't a guaranteed hand-delivery? Whatever, I'm holding out hope!
What a fun family tradition that sounds like, and anything hosted by you is guaranteed amazing!

Janine said...

Really...a treat delivered to my door. I wonder what it will be. A picture of you? Buttered treats? It looks like so much fun.

lydia moyer said...

the stod boys always say that jason is a part of their family and yet we never get invited to the family parties :) what a great family!!!

Kerri said...

Thanks for posting that sweet picute of me! I will find a way to get you back... I mean, All my love, Kerri

Cherrybaby said...

Wow- 200! I'm not holding you to bringing a present to my house. Although if you want to come to Vegas you're welcome to stay with us :-)

Brie said...

It looks like your party was a complete sucess. And happy 200th post. That's amazing.

Somerset said...

How do you find time to work, be a mom {a great mom}, support Paul in his school endeavors, and be so darned great at cooking and crafting? I think Paul really must be practicing polygamy and all the wifes work together on their posts while Misti is the poster child for the group ;)

Heather said...

why...why...why...must you be such a great photographer! Happy Christmas season to you and wow...200 posts. That stalker man must have gone through a lot of paper!

About Me

My photo
Paul and I have been married 10 years. We have two beautiful little girls, Kylee and Aubrey. We are blessed with a great family and amazing friends. Life is good!