Tuesday, October 6, 2009

2nd Grade


The day after vacation Kylee started school. Our big second grader! Just looking at this picture I can't believe how much she has grown.

She was sooo tired that morning and really nervous that all the other kids had a day longer than her to adjust. She actually cried and wouldn't let go of my arm. She did NOT like that her seat was between two other boys either! I had to sit in the room with her until her BFF came. After that she was fine.

So far, I am not thrilled with her teacher. During my SEP (parent-teacher conference) I mentioned how Kylee needs to be challenged and she said "Well...all parents think their child is gifted". What?! I never even used that word, but now that you mention it...YES she takes after me! Ha ha.

Kylee is a great reader. She already knew all 600 words she needs to learn this year. We have instilled our love of books to our child. We go to the library several times a week and for fun we hang out at Barnes and Noble-most times we don't even buy anything. Yes, we are lame. We love books, it's part of our family culture. Just starting the 2nd grade Ky reads at nearly a 4th grade level. The teacher tells me anything I want in addition to what is sent home I need to do on my own. Ugh! Our tax dollars at work people. These teachers need a raise!

So to homeschooling websites I go. Researching curriculum to supplement at home. Private school is looking mighty tempting these days. I'll start saving my pennies now...

Kylee says her favorite thing at school is recess (shocker). I asked her why and she said, "I love to pretend like I am totally popular" as she sassily tosses her hair.

Heaven help me.

4 comments:

Christy said...

Ky is totally popular - how could she not be with the coolest mom on the block :) ha ha!

I love her!! She wrms my hrt!

andreyandjami said...

Ky has to make up for the nerdy parents she has. Go KY! Work it girl!! I hope that Kola will get a love for reading because I don't have it.

Christy said...

i am laughing so hard at Jami's comment :)

Emily said...

HA haha! She's a hoot!

About Me

My photo
Paul and I have been married 10 years. We have two beautiful little girls, Kylee and Aubrey. We are blessed with a great family and amazing friends. Life is good!