Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Goings On...

Haven't posted in a while so thought I would share our March happenings. Lots of stress, crafting and gobs of baking going on at our house these days...

STRESS!
Paul took the GRE on the 14th and you could literally feel the stress leave our house. I was trying to act all cool when I dropped him off, but I was so nervous too! We get his scores back in 2 weeks! I am sure he did great! I am proud of how hard you studied honey! Way to go!


CRAFTS!
First, I finished our framed magnetic chalkboard and it turned out exactly how I pictured it would (don't you love that)! Now the search is on for a frame for Kylee's room since she thinks she needs her own now too. Here are the pics...
Before:

After (it really is amazing what a little spray paint will do)!:


I finished my "pay it forward" crafts. I made all 3 people...sorry, I mean "winners"...a cake stand along with some homemade chocolate cupcakes.


Kylee made this craft for a family party we had on Friday. She did a great job! (from Makes & Takes).


BAKING!
A few weeks ago I saw this cake on Bakerella and I knew I had to try it, but with my own little spin. I spent 2 hours on Friday putting it together for our family party that night. Unfortunately, Kylee got really sick (literally) as we are pulling out of the driveway and the cake had to stay seeing as Paul couldn't drive and hold it at the same time (that thing was heavy!!). Ky & I headed to the doctor, Paul headed to the party and the cake stayed home! I was totally bummed. It was super fun to make, tasted and looked awesome! I will definitely to it again!

Since it was a St. Patty's day party I had to make the cake rainbow so I colored the batter.
Baked each layer, then compiled with the frosting...

And voila, a 12 layer cake! It wasn't that difficult, just took some time. I love it!


I made this golf ball cake for my BFF's husband's birthday the week before.


We watched a lot...and I mean a lot of movies this weekend as Kylee was sick, yet again with strep throat. For the Twlight debut...E+B sugar cookies. Paul came home and asked "what does E + B mean?"...we all just laughed!




8 comments:

Emily said...

I feel so lazy when I read your posts! You're too productive and crafty for your own good. I NEED a bite of that gorgeous cake...
I hope Paul does well on the GRE, big tests stink!

Erin said...

You are so talented and crafty!!! SOOO impressive!!!!

Heather said...

i LOVE the frame. It is perfect. And that cake, you are so creatively energized!

Kiera said...

I too saw that cake on Bakerella and just drooled over it. You actually made it! Way to go. It looks like it was delish. You are so crafty!

Steven & Adrienne said...

Looks like you have been so busy you are such a crafty person...I am jeolous. :)

Erin said...

I want to make a frame too!

Fowler family said...

misty, you are the most amazing woman in the world! You made more cakes this last month than I ever have in my life x twenty! That golf ball cake did not look real! And the rainbow cake- incredible!

I just finished reading Twilight last week and we watched it Friday night. IT was so good!

janel said...

Misti! Hope you don't mind the lurking I've been doing. Those baby birthday cakes were amazing (I love the dots), and I am a huge bakerella and Make and Takes fan. We did the rainbow pot of gold (yours looks way better), and I'm dying to do the 14-layer cake. Yours looks great.

About Me

My photo
Paul and I have been married 10 years. We have two beautiful little girls, Kylee and Aubrey. We are blessed with a great family and amazing friends. Life is good!