Thursday, January 29, 2009

Endless Sickness

The last pile of vomit laced clothing has been washed, the toilet has been thoroughly sanitized and the disinfectant cloud covering our home is lifting! I am finally able to come up for air and ...wow! it's lovely up here! With Paul, Kylee, Aubrey and Toby sick (yes, all at the same time) this past week its has been a Clorox and Lysol whirlwind!

Kylee was hit the hardest. Poor thing was throwing up every 15-20 minutes Sunday-Monday; it was awful. We took her in Monday afternoon to discover the lovely news that she had strep throat. I didn't even know you could vomit with strep throat! Our pediatrician granted her with the "reddest throat of the day award", although she didn't seem too excited about the recognition.

Things are getting better and the house is smelling less...sanitized. I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend void of any cleaning products!!

10 comments:

Christy said...

that picture of Ky is exactly how I felt on monday! it was a BLAH couple of days that is for sure!

I am glad that everyone is feeling better - I hope it doesn't sneak up on you and if it does and you need anything - let me know!

Emily said...

Thanks goodness, fingers crossed you don't come down with it next, right?

Erin said...

We have been going through the same thing, only our dog was spared. The other problem is I expect my vomiting will probably continue for some time, even with the Zofran.
Poor Kylee, I bet she just loved having that picture taken.

Kiera said...

That picture says it all. Poor thing!!!!

Stacy Stoddard said...

i am sure it pleased her even more to have her picture taken on one of her worst days.

I will stop complaining about our snot noses and coughs and be glad it didn't hit Neal and Shelby, just bo, Tys and I. I have a really hard tip taking care of an adult stoddard boy, they do a lot of whining.

Tillotson Family said...

I am so sorry she was sick, but glad she is feeling better. We love the cute new family pictures on your wall. Miss you!

Tillotson Family said...

I am so sorry she was sick, but glad she is feeling better. We love the cute new family pictures on your wall. Miss you!

Kathy said...

Aw Misti. Sorry about the sick-house thing! But who the heck is Toby?

janel said...

So nice that you don't mind a little mutual blog lurking! I love your photography!

Fowler family said...

Aw man! Wow, hope you guys are feeling better these days.

About Me

My photo
Paul and I have been married 10 years. We have two beautiful little girls, Kylee and Aubrey. We are blessed with a great family and amazing friends. Life is good!