Monday, January 12, 2009

Christmas Bliss!

I have been avoiding blogging about our Christmas because it means all the bliss is really over! What a great Christmas we had! Surely the best yet!


Mom & Shane come down from Idaho and Jill arrived back from her trip just in time to join us in our Christmas traditions. Christmas Eve we went sledding with the Pricketts, came home for a quick nap and then the festivities started! My mom always makes snow king crabs legs for dinner and we always eat way too many! We sing the 12 days of Christmas, Paul reads Luke 2 and the girls get to open 2 gifts-jammies and a Christmas book. The book is something I start looking for in July. I have to find the "perfect book" so it's quite the search! Aubrey's book was Christmas in the Manger and Kylee's was Why Christmas Trees Aren't Perfect. Kylee read Aubrey her book and she was quite enthralled! She actually crawled over, sat right by Kylee and listened as she read the whole book!

This year we really tried to keep Christmas focused on Christ-in our FHE lessons in December we start talking about the gifts that Christ has given us and encourage each other to start thinking about what gift we want to give to Christ this year. Christmas morning we open our stockings, review the gifts Christ has given us and physically write down our gift to Him, seal it in an envelope and place it in a box that sits in our living room all year. Then we tear into the gifts! I love the spirit that comes as we have this mini lesson on Christmas morning. The excitement mixed with the gratitude is sheer bliss!

Kylee got a shiny new bike! Too bad we have 4 feet of snow on the ground...
Aubrey opening her jammies...

Remember the pictures for my Mom? I can finally show them! Here are our favorites-this is the collage we put on our wall. We love it!

5 comments:

Christy said...

i LOVE aubrey's face as she is watching Ky read to her :) She is so fetching cute!!

ummmm are you still coming this weekend - because I think you NEED to :)

Kiera said...

i love the collage!! You did such a nice job putting it together and I love the pictures you chose!

Emily said...

So loving the picture collage and mmmm those cookies look mighty good, I'm just sorry we weren't there to get some, assuming we would have!! Darn it!

andreyandjami said...

Dude that hair on Aubrey as Kylee is reading to her is sweet! Good luck with "the Day" I am sure I will have many to come.

andreyandjami said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

About Me

My photo
Paul and I have been married 10 years. We have two beautiful little girls, Kylee and Aubrey. We are blessed with a great family and amazing friends. Life is good!