Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankfulness of Heart

So once in every year we throng

Upon a day apart,
To praise the Lord with feast and song
In thankfulness of heart.~Arthur Guiterman, The First Thanksgiving

I love Thanksgiving! I love to cook and I love even more...to eat! We had a great day!

It started with a Turkey Bowl....
I have to laugh at 30-somethings waking up at the crack of dawn to re-live, even for just a moment-the glory days of their youth. There was blood, and sweat...a little cursing and A LOT of whining!! Like I said...I just had to laugh :)! I laugh harder when the afternoon rolls around the the ice bags and heat packs are busted out! I was happy to capture this moment (these are PRE-ice bags). Here are a few of my favorites...



I also love to set and decorate our table...and CLOTH napkins! What a treat!!!

The kids' table

The bigger kids table Our guests...apparently we aren't very exciting hosts!! Ha ha! I love you Mark!!

Aubrey's first Thanksgiving. She actually slept through the whole meal, but loved the potatoes & stuffing we saved for her.

The day started with a "Turkey"...and ended with one!

A Thanksgiving wish for us all:

May your stuffing be tasty...May your turkey plump....May your potatoes and gravy....Have nary a lump. May your yams be delicious...And your pies take the prize...And may your Thanksgiving dinner stay off your thighs!

5 comments:

Emily Averett said...

Those action pictures are awesome and your turkey is beautiful, mine was yummy but a little splotchy, we'll just blame it on the oven! Looks like a fantastic day.

Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jaymie Tyau said...

Hey we gotsa a blog too now!

joshandjaymie.blogspot.com

Hope you guys are goooood.

Kevin Scott and Camille Jensen said...

Greetings from Texas, Stoddard clan. I just have one question regarding the Turkey Bowl (the event that I look forward to more than anything else all year). Is it more pathetic to be a 30-something has been or be a 27 year old never was been? I am most definitely the latter, but enjoy it nonetheless. On a side note, I can't believe Kylee is 7 already!

andreyandjami said...

Holy Cow! Call you Martha, with all those great table decorations! Those are some great pictures, it's great to remember the glory days.

About Me

My photo
Paul and I have been married 10 years. We have two beautiful little girls, Kylee and Aubrey. We are blessed with a great family and amazing friends. Life is good!