Friday, August 22, 2008

Aubrey

Aubrey is a little over 5 months old and has developed so much this past month. Here are all the things she has been doing and learning:

She can sit up all by herself! We have the occaional tip over, but for the most part she's got the hang of it.

She eats rice cereal and fruit. I had a picture of her face after she took her first bite and I think someone deleted it, but it was pretty typical. The look of shock and discust the tongue pushing the food back out. She's a pro now and gets so excited when she sees the bowl she can harldy sit still.

She is getting really quick with her hands so we have to be careful. The other day she demolished a napkin (half ate it...half torn it to bits).

Loves the Wiggles. Yes, we are back there! Kylee loved them and we must have watched our DVD 100+ times. We only let her watch in moments of desperation, but when those grown Wiggles come out to sing and dance she is glued!

Worst of all, Aubrey has decided that sleeping through the night is overrated and has been waking up every 2-3 hours for the past 2 weeks. Needless to say, it hasn't been the best of nights for Paul & I!

Best of all...Aubrey laughs and loves peek-a-boo! I don't think there is a better sound than your children's laughter (see video below...sorry for the resolution...I took this w/my phone)! She is also starting to realize the power of her dimples and flashes them to draw people to her.



video

Aubrey still...hates her car seat...hates to be left alone in the room...hates bananas (that one is for you mom)...but loves Kylee, or better loves to bug Kylee by pulling her hair! Ha ha.

Aubrey, you are a joy in our lives. We are so blessed to have you in our home. You bring a sweet spirit of love and happiness. What did we ever do without you? Oh yeah...we slept!

6 comments:

Kerri said...

That is the cutest smiley picture! I couldn't stop staring. It made me smile. It must be the power of the dimples!

Emily Averett said...

Cute video! She's adorable. I love how babies sit so straight backed, they have the best posture, what happens when you get olgder? You're family vacation sounds really fun, a whole week of playing is nice. And what a great idea to stay local, there's so much to do around there, we miss it!

Kirk and Kathy said...

Aubrey has grown into her eyes quite beautifully :) and I loved your vacation post. What a great idea! There are some amazing places to see here, and I do quite like my own bed!

By the way, I've gotten a lot of mileage out of retelling your story: "I....Hate...My...Life!" (ha, ha)

Steve said...

Paul -

so are you ISU bound or what?

lydia moyer said...

so cute. i love baby giggles!

hey is today your birthday paul!i thought i remembered it being this day but that was a long time ago. if it is happy birthday. if it isn't then read this again on the right day!

Cousins Family said...

Emily likes the Wiggles too! They had fun smiling at eachother at church yesterday.

About Me

My photo
Paul and I have been married 10 years. We have two beautiful little girls, Kylee and Aubrey. We are blessed with a great family and amazing friends. Life is good!