Wednesday, January 2, 2008

More Iron...

One thing I really do not enjoy is taking vitamins. I will be the first to admit that I have been less than faithful in taking the prenatals. In my defense...when I was so sick in the beginning they would make things even worse so I did switch to Flinstone's children's chewables and was quite successful...which weren't too bad at first (now the smell makes me want to vomit). So forget you Fred!


So...on to my point. I get a letter from my Doc telling me that my blood work from the glucose test came back and I am super anemic and I need to 1-Take my prenatal, 2-Take an iron supplement (yes in addition to the prenatal) and 3-Eat iron rich foods. I can do the iron rich foods, but the pills? KILL ME NOW! It isn't just the pills alone. Do you know what iron does to you???...pregnant women don't digest the way you normally do without the pills. Add iron into the mix and you have a serious problem. I thought this cartoon was absolutely fitting! I did get the iron pills (a big step in the right direction...thank you very much). They are sitting on the shelf in our kitchen, at times I swear they are mocking me! I just can't bring myself to do it yet. I will let you know how it goes...


5 comments:

kim said...

I had to take 2 iron supplements on top of the prenatal. The doctor told me to just go right ahead and buy the stool softener and Preperation H at the same time. I feel for ya!!!!

trine k said...

Misti, you HAVE to get Floradix from a health food store. It's a liquid iron supplement and it really doesn't taste too bad (in a weird way I kinda like it) but even more importantly is that it works super well for getting your iron up AND doesn't constipate you- its awesome. Oh, and its safe to take while your pregnant. Good luck!

Ryan & Tiffany said...

Hey! I read on Erin's blog the holiday party went well! Fun! I love the cartoon you have about being pregnant. :) And good job alreayd having new years resolutions. My resolution is to make resolutions...and take down my christmas tree. I am so behind this year, looks like you are on the ball!

Erin said...

I hate pills too. I didnt take mine either, I just started eating steak and burgers like they were going out of style. You can just shoot some food with your new gun:). Oh, and do stay on top of those stool softeners!

Tiffany said...

Good luck with the iron pills!

About Me

My photo
Paul and I have been married 10 years. We have two beautiful little girls, Kylee and Aubrey. We are blessed with a great family and amazing friends. Life is good!