Wednesday, October 10, 2007

It's A Girl?

I have mentioned brefore that I really wanted a boy this time around, but the Lord had a girl in store for us instead. I won't lie and say that I wasn't disappointed at first because, truth is...I was! As the tech wrote "GIRL!" on our ultrasound...part of me said, "dang it!". I really wanted this to be my last pregnancy and having a boy would have assured it...one of each (I just don't think I can willingly do this to myself again)! Things have been rough and not just the throwing up, fatigue and hair loss part of it all. The guilt I feel watching my husband do all the laundry, clean our house and make dinner while simultaneously trying to be a successful employee and full-time student-not to mention the work he has to do with his calling in the Elders Quorum...is all getting a litte too hard to swallow. It just hasn't been easy for any of us...but I guess it isn't supposed to be. For the rest of the night I felt a little wronged. Until I went to bed...

There is something about the still of night and the quite of our house that has me reflecting as I lay awake. Last night, I thought for a while about the boy I might never have and continued to feel sorry for myself when a flood of thoughts came to my mind.

I thought of my sister and the relationship we share and the love I have for her. I thought of the two of us with my mom and how close we all are. I thought of how fun it will be to watch Kylee play with her little sister-and the mischief they will get into together and the fights they will have. I also thought of how blessed we were in getting pregnant so quickly and the feeling I had that this little one was eagerly waiting to join our family and once the decision was made she was on her way!

As I sat reflecting, I felt at peace that all is how it should be. The Lord has a different plan for me than I have for myself and I accept it and look forward to having a new little girl join our family! We are truly blessed!!

Now, if only we could only think of a name...

5 comments:

Dan & Ashley said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is so awesome! I know it is hard not having what you want or what you thought you might be having, but I'm sure it will turn out to be so perfect for your little family. She is going to be so lucky to join your home. It's so exciting! I'm so very happy for you guys. It is so great just to know what the gender is! So fun! Congrats!

shanebeck said...

I am so excited, now I have another little girl to spoil! Paul I am so very proud of you for all the help you have been to Misti and the new baby way to go kid!

ben and christy said...

You are truely an example of following the Lord! He does have SO many things in store for you that those things are so easy to lose sight of :) We are put with our husbands and they are our helpmeet - Paul understands this and exemplifies it as he rises to the occasion to do what he can. Remember our conversation not even a year ago??? Let me know if you need reminding :) I sure love you and CAN'T WAIT for our new little girl!!

Ryan & Tiffany said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Kylee will love having a little sister! And that is awesome about being published! Good for you! I hope you don't mind if I add your link to my blog, I finally set one up. If you get a minute, it's http://gradyvillekc.blogspot.com. I hope you get feeling better soon! :)

NealandStacy said...

I am really glad you are having a girl and have to admit I think a bit disappointed like you were because I wanted Bo to have a littl buddy but I guess a girl can still do boy things and be a good buddy.

Oh, I know how you can get a boy if you don't want to get pregnant again. Just think you wouldn't have to be sick, lose your hair and you wouldn't have to wait nine months... :)

About Me

My photo
Paul and I have been married 10 years. We have two beautiful little girls, Kylee and Aubrey. We are blessed with a great family and amazing friends. Life is good!