Thursday, June 7, 2007

Oregon Trip

From May 18th-22nd Mom, Ryan, Jill and I went to visit Dylon (my younger brother) in Portland and to attend his sentencing. It was by far the hardest thing I have ever had to go through in my whole life; it was also bittersweet. We were able to visit Dylon on both Friday and Saturday and those were good visits, somewhat difficult and very emotional, but good. It was great to see him, even under the circumstances and we had a lot of very sweet and tender moments visiting with him. Having the opportunity to reconnect with my older brother Ryan was amazing and just being able to laugh and joke and talk about times when we were all kids was therapeutic and really fun.

We tried to make the best of the trip and see sights and try to relax, but it proved to be more difficult than we had anticipated. On Sunday we drove along the cost to Astoria to see the house the Goonies Movie was filmed in (defiantly on the list of my top 10 favorite movies of all time). We quietly creeped up the dirt road and took pictures (people actually live in the house...so cool) and on the way back to the car, I yelled...."Andy...you Goonie". It was hilarious. Then we piled back into my sister's non-spacious Honda accord (2 door!!!) and drove to Cannon Beach where Haystack Rock is (this is also in the Goonies movie). The beach was freezing, raining and windy, but we still walked the beach a little and got drenched while we gathered sea shells.

Hillsboro is on the way back from Cannon beach so we drove to find the Rolloff Farm. If you aren't familiar with the Rolloff's they have a reality show on TLC called "Little People, Big World". It is about a husband and wife (dwarfs) who have 4 children (3 normal size and one dwarf). Kylee loves the show so we took a picture by their sign. Too bad we couldn't go and actually see their house...they had NO TRESPASSING signs everywhere so we thought we shouldn't bother them. It was still cool to see the sign!



Misti & Jill in front of the Goonies House!

Mom & Jill freezing on Cannon beach.


Jill & I Roloff Farm.



Haystack Rock...remember it from the movie?


My sister at a restaurant in Oregaon. I laughed so hard when they brought her this bib!

1 comment:

ben and christy said...

All I have to say to this is "I LOVE CHUNK!"

About Me

My photo
Paul and I have been married 10 years. We have two beautiful little girls, Kylee and Aubrey. We are blessed with a great family and amazing friends. Life is good!